It seems that drying hair after a shower is a simple and easy task. But you need to know in-depth the methods that you can use to dry your hair after showering. On the other hand, experts confirmed that drying the hair in the wrong way may damage it and make it tangled and frizzy. Continue reading the following article to find out the answers to frequently asked questions: how to properly dry hair ? how to dry hair with towel ?
how to properly dry hair with a dryer ? :
Drying hair using a hairdryer is one of the most common methods that people use. But a large part of them does not know the correct steps. Read on to learn about them:
– Hold the dryer by the bottom, that is, its handle to the lower side, and the nozzle to the upper side. Focus on the ends of the hair.
– Change the direction of the hairdryer when the bottom part of the hair is dry. Then start straightening by applying the dryer to the upper part side by side.
– Repeat the process by holding the dryer and passing it over the hair, from top to bottom, while maintaining a safe distance between the hair and the dryer. Try to change the temperature to a moderate degree so that the hair is not damaged.
– Comb your hair with a flat comb or brush when it is completely dry.
– Apply the serum to the hair from the middle part to the bottom.
Disadvantages of frequent use of a hairdryer:
A hairdryer is a double-edged sword, as it gives you a good result in record time, but it results in many problems that are difficult to treat, as they are:
– Hair loss of moisture: The heat dries up the hair and strips the oils it contains. The appearance of dry hair is an indication of damage and breakage.
– Hair breakage: Using a high temperature leads to breakage of the hair roots, so it is better to use a hairdryer from one to two times at most.
– Hair dullness and loss of softness: Hair contains hydrogen bonds that affect the health and appearance of the hair. Heat is one of the most important reasons that change these bonds permanently.
Practical tips when using a hairdryer:
– Pre-drying the hair before using the dryer, that is, try to remove the moisture with a towel.
– Try to moisturize your hair, whichever way it is ready to receive high heat.
– Use a hairdryer once a week, and it can be twice, but for extreme necessity. But if your hair is dull and broken, it is best to use it twice a month only.
how to properly dry hair with clothes :
How to dry hair with clothes:
It is best to dry the hair with long-sleeved jackets, as they are often softer for the hair and do not damage it. Follow these steps:
– Leave the hair to air for at least 5 minutes.
– Comb the hair if it is tangled, using a wide-toothed comb, in small parts, starting from the ends of the hair.
– Lay the shirt or jacket on a chair or table, with the sleeves toward the hair, and the bottom of the clothing away from the hair.
– Put the hair on the shirt, wrap the shirt on the back of the head. Then pull the sleeves over the forehead, wrap them around the head, and tie them.
– Leave your hair to dry from 2 to 6 hours, depending on the thickness and length of your hair.
Tips for drying curly hair:
Curly hair is one of the most types of hair that needs special care and is different from other types of hair. In this paragraph of the article, we will introduce you to some steps and tips that will help you dry your curly hair.
1. Try to choose soft towels, which are based on a high percentage of synthetic fibers. This type of towel helps you dry your hair more quickly without causing any damage, but with this, be sure to use it gently so that there is no breakage in your hair strands.
2 . Letting your curly hair dry out is a positive thing, but you should still apply a cream to it. And try to straighten it using your fingers, or use a wide-toothed comb and comb it from bottom to top.
3 . When using a hairdryer, make sure it is at a cool or warm temperature. Try to avoid high heat because it will expose it to damage and breakage.
How to use a diffuser to dry curly hair:
– Leave your hair to air dry for some minutes by 60%.
– Apply your oil or cream before using the diffuser, but be careful not to use oil or cream on the roots of the hair.
– Divide the hair into small tufts and start holding the hair strand from bottom to top, and a diffuser is used on it until it reaches the scalp.
– Pay attention to the position of the diffuser, it must be closed so as not to cause hair to frizz.
– When reaching the scalp, leave the diffuser for at least 15 seconds for each strand.
– In the end, you will get a good result.
What is the difference between drying hair in the open air or drying hair with a dryer:
– Drying hair in the open air is not harmful. It is a natural method, but it takes a long time compared to drying with an electric dryer.
– Drying curly or wavy hair with an electric dryer is safer than letting it air dry because wrinkles and waves become more prominent and uncontrollable.
– Drying in the open air is inexpensive, of course, because the air is free. While drying the electric dryer is expensive and depends on the quality and power of the electric dryer.